June 4, 2008

Jackson Hole

232 E. 64th Street
New York, NY 10021
(212) 371-7187
www.jacksonholeburgers.com

Some of the biggest, sloppiest burgers ever! You can't cut them with a knife because they're too big. Unless you're some kind of beast from the animal kingdom and can unhinge your jaw you can't put them (3/4 pound of ground cow) in your mouth. And as soon as you pick them up they collapse --- barbecue sauce, bacon, grilled onions, cheese all over the place.

Jackson Hole has been a burger staple for me since 1995 when I took an ex-girlfriend there. I've taken several ex-girlfriends there since that first time and the experience never changes. You just can't eat those things unless you check your table manners at the door. In my experiences there, I've found the turkey burgers to be juicier and seasoned better than the beef burgers (perfect for those who are trying to stay away from red meat, terrible if you like to stay awake after you eat). When paired with the steak fries and complimented with a milkshake you might as well call for UPS, FedEx, the paramedics, or some moving company to come get you because you can't do one of the following: (1) stand up, or (2) stand up without busting the snap on your jeans. That is unless you buy some entree like chicken which defeats the purpose of going to a burger joint in the first place!

Although my eating habits have changed and I frequent this Jackson Hole (as well as the one on Columbus) not nearly as much as I used to, I'm always reassured when I do patronize the joint and see that the cow carnage hasn't changed one bit. A burger is as a burger does, getting too fancy just messes it up.

These guys make a basic, big-ass burger that'll leave you stuffed and contemplating a vegetarian lifestyle every time.

0 comments: